Translate

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Revelation 2:24-29 Jesus KING of KINGS and LORD OF LORDS

Revelation 2:24-29   "now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden.  But hold fast  what you have till I come and he who overcomes, and keeps my works, until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.  He will rule them with a rod of iron,  They shall be dashed to pieces like the Potter's vessels" as I also have received from My Father: and I will give him the Morning star.  he who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
   
  The letter to Thyatira ends with a series of threats and promises.  The first part of this promise has to do with the return of Jesus to the earth as King of Kings and Lord of Lords to reign and rule on the earth with a rod of iron for one thousand years.  This is speaking of the millennium reign of Jesus  on the earth.  We will be with Jesus and help Him in the millennium reign of Jesus on the earth.  No persecution of any kind will exist and Satan will be bound in the bottomless pit for the thousand year reign of Jesus.
    
Jesus gives the church just a small glimpse of things to come.  These promises are made to the overcome.  It is the overcome who rules and reigns with Jesus.  The overcome will assume their royal position as kings and priest.  We will rule and reign with Jesus as He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.   Revelation 22:16 says "I am the Root and offspring of David, and the Bright and Morning Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment